Saturday, March 14, 2009

Disturbed...

One of my all-time favorite bands is Disturbed. The sound of the vocals and their music is unique. The first time I heard the uncut version of Down With The Sickness, I was hooked. It is my favorite song of Disturbed's. The music has rage, anger, and hope as well. An interesting mix for a "Metal" band. Their new CD is in stores now and I can't wait to get it. I have the other 3 Cd's and I have to add the new one after hearing the title song and seeing the video (below). The video is unbelievable and is one that at times is hard to watch. It is the song Indestructible set to motorcycle jumps, snowmobile jumps, bicycle jumps, racing crashes, etc. Through the music it shows how we can feel indestructible in our lives... broken at times, but not destroyed. It is a good song and a very well made video... check it out.









Disturbed is a rock band from Chicago, Illinois, formed in 1996 when musicians Dan Donegan, Steve "Fuzz" Kmak, and Mike Wengren hired singer David Draiman. Since the band's formation, they have sold over 10 million albums worldwide, released three consecutive number-one albums,[1] and have been nominated for a Grammy Award, making them one of the most successful metal bands in the recent years.[2] Only six other rock bands have released three number-one albums in a row: Van Halen, System of a Down, U2, Dave Matthews Band, Staind, and Metallica




Band members
David Draiman - vocals (1996-present)
Dan Donegan - guitar (1996-present)
John Moyer - bass (2004-present)
Mike Wengren - drums (1996-present)
Former
Steve "Fuzz" Kmak - bass (1996-2003)


Studio albums
Year Title Label
2000 The Sickness Giant Records
2002 Believe Reprise Records
2005 Ten Thousand Fists Reprise Records
2008 Indestructible Reprise Records



Disturbed - Indestructible (Motocross Version)


Subscribe in a reader



Digg!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Music is my Weapon,
This is Chrysti Walters and I am an independent music coordinator at Platform One Entertainment, a music and event marketing company based out of Chicago. I wanted to introduce myself and let you know I was a fan of this blog. I was hoping we might be able to hop on a quick call some time this week for me to introduce myself and see how we might be able to collaborate.
There are several artists that we work with that we felt would fit in well with the Music is my Weapon community, but I specifically wanted to let you know about one of our new alternative/ pop bands out of Nashville, Fools for Rowan. The leading single off of their new album, “Twisted. Tied Up. Tangled” is “Burnt around the Edges,” and would love to hear your thoughts!
http://www.myspace.com/foolsforrowan
Even, if Fools for Rowan aren’t your style I would still love to chat and see if there are any other artists that might fit well with your site.

In the mean time I invite you to check out our website at www.platform-1.com

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you!Please e mail me at cwchystip@gmail.com

Best,

Chrysti